Saturday, August 24, 2013

Once more unto the cold night . . .

It is all to easy to create a blog, but to decide what to include in it is quite the puzzler.  Should I talk about birds, cars , games, or the stars?  Should my audience include painters, athletes, or laborers? Should it specialize, generalize, or be one big incoherent mess? In any case, here I am scribbling away my fragmented thoughts with no goal towards achieving clarity or harmony.  In the end these are my thoughts, for me if you will, or those tired of reading all the great and interesting things out there and now turn to the worst so that they may experience it all--the good, the great, the bad, and the ugly.  I shouldn't be expected to focus on just a few things. Robert A. Heinlein said,

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, con a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

I wholeheartedly agree.  Hence, my focus shall be on nothing.  I will let my fragmented thoughts flow free caring not whether there is a connection from one post to the next, or even if I have made any sense within a single post.  I will take no care not to go off on tangents and share with you the delightful fact that pi can be written as,
$$\pi = \int_{0}^{1} \frac{4}{1+x^{2}}$$
or perhaps even spontaneously link to what I may feel at the moment is a delightful image... 
In the end I may be making this journey alone.  My audience consisting of only myself.  Comforting my solitude with my own words; my own fragmented thoughts and ideas.  That's alright as I may be the only one who can make sense of the disorder within my own head.  Not turmoil, but rather a sort of organized chaos nourished with dreams and making sense only to the imagination of that one individual who gave birth to the ideas.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

No comments:

Post a Comment