Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Testimonials


November 22, 2016

Working with Mr. Angel Aguero was truly a highly learning experience. Not only was I able to learn college level Statistics in a very short amount of time, but I learned it in a very friendly and genuine environment. Mr. Aguero is a very caring, loving, and highly intellectual individual. He is well-rounded in many different areas of academics and has a drive to teach in the most practical of ways. I will recommend working with Mr. Aguero to anyone who is interested in being challenged and provoked to think outside of the box in an unconventional way. When I found myself struggling with a math problem or found myself having a difficult time understanding a particular concept, Mr. Aguero was able to break down the problem or concept and explain it in a way that was easily understandable and practical to apply to everyday life. Mr. Aguero, thank you for your amazing ability to teach and tutor. I will be coming back for more! 

 Best Regards,

 Roberto Acosta, RN-BSN, DNP Student 



To Whom It May Concern: 

Angel Aguero served as a geometry tutor for our fifteen (15) year old son. Our son had undergone major medical issues that resulted in him following behind at school. He was faced with what appeared to be the unsurmountable task of learning a semester’s work of geometry within a two (2) week time period. If he failed to pass the exams that covered the semester course material, he would have to repeat the course. The strong possibility of him failing the course served as yet another difficult obstacle to a months marked with health struggles. In an attempt to assist him, Mr. Aguero was highly recommended to us as an outstanding tutor. We contacted him and he immediately agreed to assist our son. He coordinated time to meet him during weekends and evenings. Moreover, he went above and beyond by meeting with him on a holiday weekend. His commitment to assisting our son was beyond measure. Mr. Aguero‘s teaching ability resonates when considering that our son was in jeopardy of failing the course. Through his diligence, our son secured an 86 in Geometry. A goal that seemed unsurmountable was made possible through the hard work and commitment of Angel Aguero. Our son credits his insightful instruction and patience with allowing him to complete the course and achieve an excellent grade. 

We are humbled and thankful that we can recommend Angel Aguero. He is an amazing individual and instructor with a commitment to assisting students achieve their goals. 

Should you have any questions or need additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us at the above telephone numbers."

Sincerely,

M & L Gregory"



"I first made the acquaintance of Angel Aguero when we where in a number theory class early on during our undergraduate studies. From that point on I and many others, including the professors, knew that he had a special talent for mathematics which covered the understanding of new concepts, refinement of older ones, solutions to problem sets, demystifying the underlying logic behind the proofs and illuminating the great ideas that came behind their results. In the classes Angel never rested upon his perch to look down upon us, rather Angel always made every effort to bring us up to his level of understanding. He was always ready to help patch up a proof, motivate solutions to problem sets and help to guide the discussions along as best he could when the topics became difficult. I and many others have had the privilege to take senior and graduate level courses with Angel where his contributions to classroom where an integral part of the learning that took place. I feel very fortunate to have made his acquaintance as a fellow math student and as a friend. His loyalty extends far beyond mathematics and I highly endorse his friendship and employment"

Jaime P. Lepe, B.S., M.S.
Mathematics Lecturer, University of Texas at El Paso



"I am a college student working on my Masters.  Despite that, math still intimidates me. One of my courses, to my surprise, had math in it.  I was in a panic.  I turned to the person I know I can trust when it comes to math: Angel Aguero.  He came and guided me through the intricacies of statistics.  He made what the professor made complex into simplicity itself.  Thanks to him, I passed with an A, for which I am so, so thankful.  I am so grateful to him for everything he's done, not just in terms of mathematics, but in terms of his character.  He is a good man, excellent father, loyal friend.  I can't say enough about Angel without running out of superlatives of 'wonderful'.  Thanks to him, I understand so much more, and know that I can always count on him."

--Rick Aragon, Librarian, Film Critic. Graduate student in Library Sciences



"I met Angel in the latter part of 2014. He was a tutor at a West El Paso learning center. 

Working toward an alternative certification to teach high school English, I had to pass the math portion of the Texas Higher Education Assessment (THEA). 

With a clear goal in mind, I swallowed my pride and sought help at the local tutoring center. It was hard to find a seat in the mists of kiddos. Most were more than half my age. It was also hard to see the facilitators eye to eye after they realized I couldn't get through the pre-assessment test. 

I urged them not to be discouraged and to have faith that, what I didn't know in content, I would make up with hard work. They gave me a shot. 

Enter Angel. 

Angel broke down mathematical complexities to very simple arithmetic. There was no terror. Regardless of whether you were left brain or right brain, his lessons were fun and engaging.  

I don’t remember what side of the brain I am. I must have forgotten to carry the 7. 

In all honesty, Angel is a brilliant mind who will go out of his way to make sure you succeed. He doesn't do it as a self-serving endeavor. He does it because he loves to see other people appreciate numbers and formulas just as much as he does. I will never forget how Angel met me after tutoring to make sure the lessons were sticking. I passed the test but more importantly, I found a new love for numbers."  

--Concerned citizen, Luis Carlos Lopez
Journalist at El Paso Times



"As a high school student, I was struggling to understand conic sections. My Algebra teacher presented it in such a way that involved memorizing several convoluted formulas. When I went to Angel, he explained conic sections much more concisely. Angel’s style of teaching is more tailored to cement learning, as opposed to the confusing test-taking curriculum at school. He has the ability to decompose a complicated concept, and present it in such a way that makes it easier to understand and follow."

--Rene Garcia, Franklin High School, El Paso,TX
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA



"Angel the genius."

--Joaquin Ordonez, Engineer and Project Manager at Austin Water Utility



"I have been working with Angel for over a year and he has been the reason why my math grade went from a 85 when I was a sophomore in algebra 2 to a 97 in pre-calculus as a junior. He has gone through the trouble of helping me on various projects and Angel not only explains problems but breaks them down by deriving all the formulas that are needed to solve it. He takes the time that teachers at school cannot provide to students. He has changed my view on math as it is one of my favorite subjects now."


--Eduardo Cabrera, International Baccalaureate Magnet Program at E.P.I.S.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment